Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hey! Hello! Hooray!

Quite a bit has happened in 2011. I broke a few hearts, got my heart broken a few times, graduated University, found a full-time job, and somehow, when I wasn't looking, I became a Renaissance man.

Follow me over the jump, for the rest of this crazy story...


All throughout this crazy journey, the one constant has been my love of writing. Long form, short form, haiku, and everything in between. I remember 2010 very fondly, even though it felt like the longest year of my life, and writing those 365 (more or less) Haiku certainly wasn't easy, but I can't deny that it was fun. My notebook of scribbled Haiku was a constant companion. It was glorious, even if it got lonely at times.

We would much rather stare-at all the lonely people

In honour of that time in my life, I decided to do a similar event for 2012. Then I realized that my life is infinitely more complicated now than it was then, and I just couldn't actually write 365 haiku, even in one year.

And so I mused, now that I knew what I couldn't do, I had to know what could I do? And then, I remembered an aborted project from 2007-2008 called the HERO Intitiative, where I espoused at length about my personal heroes, and I thought, 'Aha, two great tastes that taste great together.' What could be better than Haiku and Heroes.

And so in the new year, I'm happy to present a new project simply titled 'Haiku and Heroes for a New World'. 52 (more or less) Haiku and 52 (maybe more) Heroes. One each every week, staggered with some longer form writing on the nature of heroism, and what it means to live in this Brave New World

I hope it turns out as well as my previous project. In honour of that, I thought it would be an excellent idea to do a Rehash of all my 2010 Haiku. They'll all be in one place for your viewing pleasure, and who doesn't love that?

20 (more or less) a day till the end of the year. I hope you enjoy them, and do leave a comment stating your favourites (or least favourite). The waterfall of Haiku will flow in the next post...and on the very last day of the year, a special sneek peek at a list of the heroes to come

No comments:

Post a Comment