Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 30 – The one and only Billy Shears

Artist: Beatles
First Song: You never give me your money


Favourite song: Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band/With a little help from my friends

Awesomest Album Ever. Ringo’s singing voice is pretty smooth. It’s a bummer he didn’t do more songs.
Favourite Beatle: Tie between Pre-Yoko John Lennon and Ringo Starr. Ringo is quite underrated isn’t he?
Least favourite Beatle: Post-Yoko John Lennon: He really was a smug jackass, wasn’t he?
A sign of how ubiquitous the Beatle are culturally is that I don’t even remember when I first heard of them. Even when I was in Sierra Leone, I remember hearing the songs on the radio, at clubs and in a lot more random places than that. Everybody knows the Beatles. I don’t need to say anything about them other than there’s always a Beatles song that perfectly matches my mood. They’ve been such a huge influence on some of my favourite bands. Looking at bands like Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand and a whole host of others are in some way channelling the Beatles. The Beatles did everything before everyone else and did it better with their effortless genre switching. Viva The Beatles

Best Lyrics:
Out of college money spent
See no future pay no rent.
All the money’s gone, nowhere to go.
Any Jobber got the sack,
Monday morning turning back.
Yellow lorry slow, nowhere to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment