Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 12 – I’m still with you

Better late than never, I say.


Artist: Peter, Bjorn and John
 
Song: Young Folks
Album: Writer’s Block

This is about a love song for our broken, forgotten generation. PB&J, well known for their hit single ‘Young Folks’ are a Swedish Indie Rock Band, that I discovered in early 2009 thanks to their song being featured on EA’s FIFA 09. 

To be honest, I don’t really know that much about the band. I can’t even say I’ve been listening to them since before they were famous. What I can say though is that if you’re not listening to their other songs, you’re really missing out. Considering Writer’s block is their third album, there’s a large library of songs that still remains virtually unheard of.

The song ‘Young Folks’ is essentially a love song for a younger generation. The animated music video and the whistling riffs add an extra dimension and Victoria Bergsman’s vocal performance was an excellent addition to the band’s standard style.

Best Lyrics:
It doesn't matter what you did
Who you were hanging with
We could stick around and see this night through

No comments:

Post a Comment